Our client, seeking to accelerate the transition toward sustainable transport and energy solutions in East Africa by the introduction of new technology and reshaping industries through developing, producing and installing electric drive trains for a range of vehicle applications. They seek to provide clients with a powerful, cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative to running vehicles on diesel.
The ideal candidates Must have prior experience in the Automotive sector or Heavy Machinery. Must be willing to work in a Start-up.
- Responsible for planning, direct and coordinate the manufacturing processes of assigned areas which include Production, Quality Control, Safety, Delivery and optimizing cost.
- Establishes production objectives to achieve goals.
- Develop and maintain an effective organization through team engagement and capability building.
- Work with strategy deployment and implementation of systematic continuous improvement in Production including capital projects to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Direct the production team in the preparation and implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with agreed to the business plan.
- Maintain and improve product income levels through waste reduction, cost reduction, and cost improvement plans.
- Develop and/or evaluates programs designed to improve manufacturing performance in Quality.
- Advocate for safety through the proper use of machines, tools and equipment, appraise technological developments, investigate, feasibility of new equipment and techniques.
- A Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have prior experience in the Automotive sector or Heavy Machinery.
- Must be willing to work in a Start-up.
- Must have over 6 years of experience 3 of which should be at managerial level.
- Hands-on approach, results-driven & pleasant personality.
- Strong desire & passion for electric vehicles.
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Good expertise of products, materials and production processes.
- Good knowledge of machine operation.
- Ability to work under pressure when necessary.
- High level of Integrity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience in ISO-certification processes (For example ISO9001, ISO14001).
- Experience of working in or implementing ERP/PDM systems or similar.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 150,000 - 200,000 (Approx. 1,500 – 2,000 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 29th February 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***