At Savannah Brands we want to use the awesome produce in Africa to create authentic food and beverage products that embody Africa’s restlessly independent spirit.
We want to do what big companies can’t do; be agile, nimble, get innovations to market quickly.
Based in Kenya, Savannah Brands has launched a snack product range called Nairobi Nibbles and a cider (alcoholic) and ice tea range called Kenyan Originals.
We are looking for entrepreneurs in the making who love the restlessly independent lifestyle in urban Kenya. Specifically we need a hungry production manager to run, supervise and control the production facility for Savannah Brands, focused on cider and ice tea full production flow and snack packing.
- planning and organising production schedules aligned to sales forecast requirements
- assessing project and resource requirements and identifying any gaps
- selecting, ordering and purchasing materials within required lead times
- estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with the director to ensure no miscommunication
- ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- work with Limuru sub-county public health department to ensure approval of food licensing
- work with lab expert to deliver HAAP
- determining quality control standards and implementation of standards
Production In Action
- overseeing production processes
- re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- supervising the work of junior staff
- organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Ensure maximum consistency across all batches
- organising relevant training sessions for junior staff
- work with lab expert on training alongside HAAP
- Report on inventory, budget and quality control on a weekly and monthly basis with the director