Our client, a global exporter of horticultural products with a local vegetable farm is currently looking to recruit a Production Manager.
The ideal candidate must have 7 years of experience in the Horticultural Industry with 5 years in a similar position.
- Planning and implementing the crop production programmes and harvest processes.
- Work with head agronomist for all crop protection and nutrition programmes.
- Involvement in farm operations.
- Control the production forecasts to meet markets demands and strategic plans.
- Manage propagation procedures.
- Full control of the production process for quality and markets’ conforming products.
- Observe full levels of ethical, environmental and Food Safety standards.
- Understanding of internal audits on various standards.
- Preparation and facilitating of various farm schedules.
- Monitoring farms planting programmes to meet the commercial requirements.
- Allocate crops to plant in different sites depending on the climatic conditions.
- Develop picking structures in the fields.
- Develop skilled workforce for the field’s production units.
- Prepare and review job descriptions for field staff
- Managing a team of pickers and field workers.
- Must have a
bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or related field.
- Must have 7 years of experience with 5 in a similar position.
- Must have clear understanding of the production control process.
- Must have experience in Quality control in the same industry.
- Clear understanding of the internal audit processes.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 130,000 – 150,000/= (Approx. 1300 – 1500 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Deadline: 15th Dec 2018.
Management Level – Middle level.
Location: Ngong Road, Nairobi.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but
unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not
hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this
occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so
please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your
skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***