Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages, plans, organizes and directs programming and production for the Intelvision's channels..
- Direct and schedules production.
- Hire and review contractual agreements for freelance personnel.
- Sets annual goals and performance measures for staff, including performing annual reviews; establishes priorities and standard operating procedures.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the Cable Television operating, supplemental, and capital improvement budgets.
- Determine programming guidelines and setting short and long-term budgetary goals and objectives. .
- Writes and proofreads copy.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and implements a variety of Cable programming covering news, documentaries and promotional videos related to Intelvision's programs, service, activities, and departments.
- Determines program subject matter and editorial content.
- Researches, writes, selects video content and graphics, and coordinates production schedules for on-air presentation.
- Collaborates with all other stakeholders and departments to develop and research information for on-air programs.
- Generates and develops ideas for new and original in-house programs and productions to address the goals and priorities of the Company and individual departments and programs.
- Determines best story content and length of on-air presentations; serves as project lead and department liaison on all on-air presentations.
- Determines appropriate format and ensures programs and stories are produced to most effectively communicate with available resources.
- Oversees the production of long and short form programs.
- Responsible for researching vendors and facilitating equipment and facilities upgrades, maintenances, procurement and contract negotiations.
Qualifications and Experience.
- Graduates from any degree discipline or specialist undergraduate/ postgraduate qualifications in production management.
- Knowledge of television script and broadcast news writing principles and story development techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Adobe Aftereffects, and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of electronic field production equipment.
- Knowledge of social media trends and techniques.
- Skill in researching and producing television programs, documentaries and promotional videos
- Understanding of the functions, services, regulations and procedures of Intelvision.
- Skilled in on camera performance.
- Supervisory and management skill.
- Skill in developing and planning strategic communication.
- Knowledge of standards that apply to the broadcast industry.
- Knowledge of live and live to tape productions.
- Knowledge of working with vendors, researching and buying professional broadcast equipment.
- Driver's license required.
Candidates of Sri Lankan, Zimbabwean and Indian origin desirable. Qualified candidates from other nationalities encouraged to apply.