- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analysing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- In charge of workshop housekeeping & Health & Safety
- Resolves personnel problems by analysing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Participates in stock take
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Production or Electrics Engineering
- At least 2 years experience in similar role
- Experience in avocado processing - manufacturing an added advantage.