Reporting to: Reports to the Director SSU.
Salary scale: Between KEs 20.000 and 30.000
Place within the organization
- endorses the mission and vision of KidsCare Kenya;
- is a member of the team of KidsCare Kenya
- is member of the Special School Unit (SSU-) team
- is answerable to the Director SSU;
- communicates on behalf of the Director SSU to stakeholders (Headmasters, special teachers, BOM members, chiefs, etc.) within the six locations of Lunga Lunga Sub-County;
- Works and collaborates with other colleagues of CSA Department to facilitate delivery of specialized Services for children with special abilities
- in consultation with the Director SSU is assists in all activities of SSU by developing and maintaining the monitoring & evaluation systems;
Job content (tasks and responsibilities)
- Assists the Director SSU with improving the quality of special education in the 6 primary school that are in the SSU program;
- Prepares the (year, monthly and weekly) planning of all activities of the SSU program;
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring and ensuring all the SSU operations are run in a smooth way and successfully in line with the mission and vision of the organization and the organizations policy and procedures;
- Assist in making clear (yearly, monthly and weekly) reports about the progress of the department to discuss with the director/ management Team/ donors;
- Organizes meetings for the head teachers, special teachers and other stakeholders in consultation with the Director SSU project.
Job profile and competences
- Posses a diploma, preferable in project management/ Social Work & Community Development.
- Has some experiences in working with children with disabilities
- Is conversant with participatory integrated community development
- Is a team player;
- Able to work with Word, Power Point and other programs
- Is able to share the values of KidsCare;
- Is driven by heart and ready to work hard.
- Have a Driving license/ ready to get one.
- better world;