The University of Maryland Baltimore through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Ministry of Health in Kenya to control the spread of 111V and rapidly scale up HIV services. MGIC Kenya is seeking suitably qualified persons able to fill the following position:
POSITION: Program Director Project: Pact Endeleza;
REPORT TO: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Program Director is the overall lead and key contact for fiscal, programmatic and technical aspects of the grant (PACT ENDELEZA) and is responsible for ensuring timely delivery of all program outputs and outcomes. In collaboration with the Principal Investigator and Country Director, the Program Director executes and continually updates the strategic plan for the program, and oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) jointly with the Ministry of Health, National AIDS & STI Control Programme and respective designated County Governments implement the project.
• Oversee technical implementation of program strategies and activities with a view to ensuring timely delivery of expected project results.
• Implement systems for effective use of data in monitoring of program activities and delivery of desired outcomes.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationship with the program collaborators and other grants within the organization.
• Ensure effective implementation of the UMB's financial and administrative policies and procedures concerning procurement, logistics, personnel and inventory management within the program.
• Supervise and mentor program staff for effective delivery of program results.
• Represent PACT ENDELEZA at Technical and Policy meetings at, County and National level, Donor and other stake holder.
• Provide support and supervision to the sub grantees through planning, implementing and monitoring of their scope of works.
• Responsible for the preparation of annual and other key program reports.
• Capacity building and technical support to TA staff.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have:
• Minimum of master's degree in Medicine or other relevant field from a recognized University. Individuals with a PHD will have an added advantage.
• At least seven (7) years of experience in managing and implementing health programs of similar scope and size in a development context.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Ministry of Health, donors and other stakeholders both at national and sub-national level.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with various stakeholders including government institutions at national and county levels.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and updated CV showing names of three professional referees to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu on or before 28th May, 2018.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.