We are a non-political membership organization for dairy stakeholders. Established in 2004, ESADA is a private sector initiative, with an overall mandate of promoting and advocating for efficient and effective means of achieving quality standards in Africa’s dairy sector as well as promoting trade in African dairy products within and without the ESA region
The holder of the position will be in charge of all ESADA projects including the African Dairy Conference and Exhibition held annually. He will also design new project and support fundraising initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Oversee the main project which is the African Dairy Conference and Exhibition and its implementation as well as other small projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Proven working experience in project management at least 2-3 years’ work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study, preferably in a business-related course.
- Should be a self-driven individual, well organized with interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead project terms of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Budget management experience
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
Additionally, Project Managers should possess high levels of the below skills to perform well in the role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Attentive to detail
- Conflict resolution skills