PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We seek to recruit two Program Officers to provide technical support and expertise, coordination and supervision of all HIV Care and Treatment and Prevention, PMTCT and TB/HIV activities at facility level within the assigned project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies; to provide technical support and supervision to ensure that the HIV/TB service delivery Scope of Work for the Afya Ziwani project at facility level is carried out to the fullest extent possible and to the highest possible degree of quality. The incumbents will provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with the MOH S/CHMT to ensure the successful planning and implementation of TB/HIV service delivery activities at facility level including facility work planning and target setting, support supervision, technical support, SIMS activities and reporting. The Program Officers will provide representation for the Afya Ziwani project at facility, sub-county and county TB/HIV related technical forums and meetings as may be called upon. The Program Officers will be based in Migori and will report to the County Focal Person (CFP, Migori).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical support and mentorship in the implementation of the TB/HIV service delivery component of the project at facility, sub-county and county level.
· In consultation with Technical Advisor/s, monitor implementation of costed project work-plans at facility, sub-county and county levels.
· Provide technical support for integration of the project’s technical approaches for the achievement of successful project implementation at facility level using evidence informed, innovative and best practices.
· Provide technical support in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes at facility, sub-county and county levels.
· In consultation with the Technical Advisor/s support preparation of monthly, quarterly and other reports as may be required and submit these to the Technical Advisor/s in a timely manner
· Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual facility performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner in collaboration with C (SC) HMT
· Provide technical support for Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at facility level in collaboration with C (SC) HMT.
· Provide technical support for implementation and utilization EMR at facility level.
· Participate in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team in collaboration with S/CHMT.
· Coordination with S/CHMT on implementation of facility level TB/HIV service delivery work plans.
· Represent the project in technical forums at facility, sub-county and county level.
· Implement to the fullest, the “surge” site specific work plans in the assigned facilities
· Bachelor’s degree in health sciences and/or MPH or other master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
· Hands on clinical experience in TB/HIV service delivery and technical coordination.
· Clinical Officer (or equivalent qualification) with an advanced diploma with a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing direct technical support in implementation of health service delivery project with specific experience in HIV/TB projects.
· Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK health systems including EMR systems.
· Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results. Computer literacy
· Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
· Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
· Ability to work with a multi-sectoral team and support collaboration with multiple stakeholders
· Ability and willingness to learn.
· Excellent facilitation, mentorship, team building and coordination skills.
· Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
· Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.