Miral CSP (Child Sponsorship Program) office works in Nyando, Kisumu County to reach the most disadvantaged children. To support their survival, development, protection, and participation right.
Position: Project Intern; Income Generating Activities. (1)
Reporting to: Program Officer
Location: Nyando, Kisumu County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the team to conduct beneficiaries targeting and sensitization on IGA (Income Generating Activities) and other livelihood activities in implementing locations.
- Assist in being the focal point for all IGA and VSLA (Village Saving and Loan Association) activities within the implementing location.
- Prepare necessary documentation and reporting for activities implemented in accordance with Miral Kenya’s rules and regulations.
- Follow up with beneficiaries and groups to ensure timely implementation of group activities.
- Support work plan development with a Program Officer and all stakeholders for better project coordination.
- Prepare activities reports according to the agreed timeline and relevant templates.
- Mobilize beneficiaries for participation in all project-related activities.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the Program Officer and Program Manager.
Specifications / Requirements
- At least a Diploma in Agricultural extension, Livestock production, Entrepreneurship or related field in social science. A bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Skills or training in basic book-keeping or administration is desirable
- Prior experience working with local communities and stakeholders in the implementation of projects
- Knowledge of the key issues and trends in Entrepreneurship, Food Security and Livelihoods intervention
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, and other relevant computer applications.
- A keen understanding of business/enterprise development and development issues including Groups Savings and Loan approaches added advantage.
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiatives.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem-solving capabilities
- Hands-on community mobilization skills
- Experience in working in harsh climatic conditions and ability to communicate fluently in (English, Swahili and Dholuo languages will be an added advantage.
The Program Intern will work for three days in a week and will get a monthly remuneration of Kshs 10,000.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume indicating the position title as the subject so as to reach us not later than February 12, 2020 by 4:00 PM.