We are a non-political membership organization for dairy stakeholders. Established in 2004, ESADA is a private sector initiative, with an overall mandate of promoting and advocating for efficient and effective means of achieving quality standards in Africa’s dairy sector as well as promoting trade in African dairy products within and without the ESA region
Duties and responsibilities.
1. Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
2. Oversee the main project which is the African Dairy Conference and Exhibition and its implementation as well as other small projects.
3. Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
4. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
5. Ensure resource availability and allocation
6. Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
7. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
8. Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
9. Report and escalate to management as needed
10. Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
11. Perform risk management to minimize project risks
12. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
13. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
14. Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
15. Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
16. Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
17. Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
18. Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
19. Use and continually develop leadership skills
20. Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
21. Perform other related duties as assigned
22. Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
• Proven working experience in project management at least 1-2 years’ work experience
• Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in appropriate field of study, preferably in a business-related course.
• Should be a self-driven individual, well organized with interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead project terms of various sizes and see them through to completion.
• Budget management experience
• Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
Additionally, Project Managers should possess high levels of the below skills to perform well in the role:
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Capacity to manage high stress situations
• Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
• Leadership skills
• Big-picture thinking and vision
• Attentive to detail
• Conflict resolution skills