The organisation is currently seeking to recruit a Project Manager to manage their project in Kenya and Rwanda. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with in-country partners and agreed deliverables for the project. The ideal candidate must have strong knowledge and understanding of the coffee sector in East Africa with over 5 years working experience as a project/account manager.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with in-country partners and operate as the project’s in-country point of contact.
- Work with all project partners and other stakeholders to ensure that planned activities are delivered as agreed, within applicable scope and budget.
- Attend programme meetings with management team and partners in-country, liaise with internal and external senior management.
- Report on the progress of planned activities and assist with the identification of potential risks and issues.
- Resolve and manage risks, implementation obstacles and partner relationship issues as they arise.
- Work with the Lead Project Manager to identify areas for improvement in relation to in-country roll-out in order to meet or exceed programme goals.
- Identify opportunities for commercial growth in East Africa and assist in the development of a wider commercial strategy and business plan for the region.
- Identify prospects and develop good relationships with potential clients as part of that wider commercial strategy.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Project management certification would be an added advantage.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of the coffee sector in East Africa.
- Must have over 5 years working experience as a project/account manager.
- Must have more than 3 years’ experience working in the coffee sector.
- Agronomic qualifications would be a distinct advantage.
- Must be flexible to travel.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Self-driven, focused and goal oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on individual skills and experience.
Position Level: Upper – Mid Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi - With frequent travel to Rwanda, as required.
Deadline: 28th June 2019.
endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high
volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us
within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep
an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***