Telkom Kenya is recruiting for a Project Manager to be based at our Nairobi Office.
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Preferred Engagement Date: December2018
Weekly Commitment: 3 times a week
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Implements the MVNO & E solutions through the full project lifecycle to handover to operational service and closure.
- Management of the delivery schedule and budget to deliver to ensure project delivery is on time and in budget
- Rigorously manages third party deliverables, risks and dependencies to ensure responsibilities and project commitments are met.
- Builds and manages the relationship with key stakeholders
- Defines the roles and responsibilities of the project team, forecasts and establishes the project team and ensures that each team member understands the task that is to be undertaken.
- Leads and manages project and resource schedules assigning and tracking tasks planned for the project team
- Identifies, manages and mitigates the risks that may impact the project
- Complete project weekly status reports and steering committee presentations
- Communicates project activities including progress, budget, risks, issues to both client and internal stake holders
- Ensures all project deliverables complies with company processes, quality and standards.
- Positive relationship management with client and key stakeholders
- Commercial awareness and excellent negotiation skills
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Experience of project managing complex technical Telco systems
- Strong MS Office skills including Microsoft project.
- Project Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with clearly demonstrated methodologies to keep project teams and stakeholders well informed.
- Excellent Organizational, stakeholder management and time management skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects leveraging a variety of project management methodologies.
- Experience developing and maintaining a project plan and proactively leading cross-functional project teams.
- Strong commercial awareness and financial management skills.
- Formalized project management training
- PMP & PMI certification
- Any experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Business Process analysis/modelling
- Mobile Telecoms/MVNO environment