Project Management and Business Development
Project Planning; Project Management; Supplier/Subcontractor Liaison/New Business Development
• Visit site and identify scope of work and prepare quotation.
• Prepare project plans detailing the steps required.
• Calculate material costs and personnel needed to complete the project.
• Prepare project timelines to indicate when each stage must be completed.
• Interview and select all personnel to work on the site.
• Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
• Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans using computers.
• Effectively plan and allocate required resources to achieve the set objectives.
• Explain worksite policy, project goals/milestones and safety procedures to workers.
• Organize work activities and meet with Supervisors to review project goals/milestones and progress to ensure timelines are being met.
• Prepare reports for Directors or Clients indicating cost overruns, workplace injuries or the causes of project/construction delays.
• Work within the set key performance indicators.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
• Assemble and forward project closeout documents to the Head of Projects.
• Undertake client presentations.
• Work with Procurement to negotiate with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best pricing and delivery schedule.
• Responsible for selecting subcontractors (if needed) from pre-existing panel and negotiating the terms of their contracts in liaison with Procurement Department
New Business Development
• Develop a Business Development plan to drive business growth.
• Identify tendering opportunities and ensure participation and award
• Prepare monthly Business pipeline clearly showing timelines for closure
• Grow business from existing customers
• At least a Degree in a construction related field.
• At least 4 years’ experience in a similar field.
• Good understanding of project management.