- Effective leadership skills are essential since you'll oversee workers and subcontractors.
- Strong analytical skills, as you'll be responsible for strategic management and solving issues that arise during a project.
- Decision-making skills for hiring personnel and ensuring they can respond in times of crisis.
- Strong technical skills, with a solid background in industry processes and the ability to evaluate blueprints.
- Follows up projects to completion.
- Come up with Bill of Quantities of projects with minimal deviation.
- Be able to interpret drawings and works independently. Have prices of items on his/her fingertips, determine labor and material costs.
- Time management
- Preparing and maintaining project, stage and exception plans as required
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plan
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Liaison with appointed project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards
- Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project
- Managing project administration
- Preparing any follow-on action recommendations