The caretaker should be able to manage preparation of rooms for guests, manage bookings and be of constant assistance when guests are in the facilities. Cleaning of all beddings, garments and rooms is an integrated part of the job.
The successful candidate will also have extended knowledge of building repair work, have a broad understanding of workmanship, and undertake maintenance of structures and gardening. The candidate will also act as night security when guests are not at the facility and as the day to day contact with clients. The caretaker will be required to live on site in a rural setting with limited facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Min 5 years of experience in management of, or employment from, a reputable tourist accommodation facility or organization.
- Experience in cleaning of all types of rooms, fabrics and materials.
- Building and maintenance of structures and the ability to create professional grade workmanship in the following categories: Plumbing, woodwork, masonry and/or electrical. Gardening and farming. Security and caretaker experience.
- The ability to cook a preferable international menu and food preparation will be an added advantage.
The desired candidate will have experience with single handedly or in a team, having managed a tourist facility and having worked in a variety of capacities. Candidates with a diploma from a tourist training facility will be prioritized. The candidate must command fluent written and spoken English and as a minimum have completed high school. Exposure to international standards of cleaning and room preparation is key.
- A small family based Start-up Company with few people involved.
- Independent and unsupervised work hours.
- Accommodation on site.
- Additional income through farming on site.
Please submit a 1 page application stating your profile and motivation, + your CV with references from 3 previous employers, letters of recommendation and academic certificates: (Online applications only please)