Our client is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. Our client is primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. They currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate. In private equity, they invest in banking, hospitality, and education; they have an affiliate for making investments into Serviced Apartments, part of the hospitality investment mandate.
The serviced apartment brand is offering mid to long-stay accommodation for business travelers, those who are relocating, families looking for a home over a fixed period, or those travelers looking for a home-away-from-home feel. The brand and concept design will be replicated on all properties under their Portfolio - both locally and internationally. This contemporary serviced apartment brand will command its presence in major metropolitan areas within the East African region. The properties will afford today's savvy travelers top-notch service, style and simplicity in a warm and friendly settings. They are looking for a Property Manager to oversee the day-to-day activity of one of the Serviced Apartments
The Property Manager will be tasked with overseeing the following:
· Pre-Opening activity for the Property including selection, ordering and set-up of equipment, execution of service contracts, staffing and training, and establishment of operating guidelines.
· Management of the Property, upon opening.
Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Property pre-opening activity
· Hiring and training of all staff
· Coming up with a competitive rate card for the serviced apartments and other services and amenities in the Property, including the gym, restaurant, spa and laundry;
· Provision of full support at the equipping stage and procuring all the general suppliers and service providers;
· Development and implementation of standard operating procedures for the Property and its facilities;
· Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory regulations and requirements i.e. ensuring that all permits and licenses are available an up to date, statutory payments are done in a timely manner;
· Engaging various property-booking agents and getting the Property listed on various booking platforms.
II. Property Management
· Human resource management, which will involve the supervision and review of all professional and support staff;
· Maintaining an up to date profile of the Property on various listing and booking websites, and ensuring that the information provided on the Property’s website and other marketing material is accurate and up to date;
· Managing and promoting sales through advertising, implementation of well laid out brand awareness programs and maintenance of relationships with key clients;
· Managing all guests’ bookings received from various channels;
· Management of operations through integration of the necessary technology and systems;
· Provision of services and support to all guests, to ensure that their stay at the Property is comfortable, and positively exceeds their expectation;
· Providing regular reports to management and the board on the progress and performance of the Property;
· Overseeing the finance and accounting of the Property, and preparing annual budgets, financial reports and management accounts in readiness for financial audits; and,
· Maintaining and managing the Property’s assets.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Must have 4+ years of strong operational and property management experience in a serviced apartment;
· At least a Second Class Upper Division Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or a related field. A Master’s Degree in Business Management, Hospitality Management or any other related field will be an added advantage;
· Must demonstrate skills in budgeting and resource management, and strategic planning;
· Should have knowledge of legal and regulatory issues governing the hospitality sector;
· Should demonstrate experience in financial planning and analysis;
· Should be flexible and able to multi-task; can work within a multi-cultural, fast-moving environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems; Should demonstrate ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with clients, team members, public officials, other staff, and the community;
· Demonstrate ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing;
· Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
· Ability to work independently, problem solve, and be persistent;
· Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self-driven attitude towards work;
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the School;
· Strong problem-solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency.
Terms of Engagement:
· The Property Manager will be hired on a contract basis. The contract will be for a 6- Months period, renewable at the discretion of the Property owner, and based on the performance of the Property Manager against set targets;
· The performance measurement criteria and targets will be agreed upon during the on boarding process
Profile of the Property
· The Property to be managed is a 40-room Property located on Church Road, off Rhapta Road, in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya.
· 40-rooms, consisting of 6, 1-bed units, 32, 2-bed units and 2, penthouse units, of 120, 180 and 240 SQM, respectively,
· Onsite kitchen and restaurant,
· Swimming pool,
· Onsite recreational facilities including a spa, steam bath, sauna, and a gym.
· Property is currently under renovation.