Main accountabilities of the position will include: -
- Approving all Purchase orders.
- Ensuring Compliance with Government regulations.
- Continuously identify alternative/better sources of goods and services.
- Negotiating for best Contract prices and Payment terms.
- Supervising Purchasing staff through guiding, directing. training, counseling and motivation.
- Planning/Scheduling of deliveries of critical /essential goods.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements: -
- A Bachelors Degree in Purchasing & Supplies/Accounting/Finance or a related business field.
- At least 5 years working experience in a comparable role.
- A team player with ability to work under pressure, attention to details, problem solving skills, with a high level of accuracy.
- High standards of ethics and values.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Be self-driven, motivated, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be Flexible