- Develop a quality management policy for Morani Ltd that is designed to deliver consistent quality production and promote a quality culture throughout the organization.
- Define, communicate and enforce standards for quality throughout the organization. This will in-entail the development of an in-process quality assurance programme that results in reduced rejects, returns from the market and wastage while facilitating the identification of quality improvement opportunities.
- Working closely with the production team, develop and document standing instructions and work procedures (SOPs), and ensure they are displayed and are being followed accordingly, and action is taken for non-compliance
- Drive the implementation of an appropriate quality management system for Morani Ltd such as HACCP, and conduct the requisite quality audits process, putting in place quality improvement initiatives in response to the audit outcomes.
- Develop and implement a training programme for all staff based on the current and future quality management plans of the company with the aim of promoting a quality culture for the organization
- Lead the development of new products and/or review of existing ones in response to market trends and customer needs, seeking the requisite product registration from KEBS as well as any other necessary certifications
- Develop and enforce an effective system of managing complaints regarding quality including the recording, investigation, rectification and feedback to all concerned parties including the customers
- Set up effective systems for maintaining and calibrating laboratory equipment and instrument qualification.
- Set performance targets for departmental staff, allocate work, monitor and manage performance.
- Develop an environment policy that is compliant to regulatory requirements and embraces best practice.
- Act as the key contact person with the environmental regulatory bodies such as NEMA, and participating in relevant external forums such as technical working groups
- Raise awareness and provide training on environment issues and related risks throughout the through training and other programmes as necessary.
- Ensure the organization has all the environment management relevant permits and that it is in compliance.
- Prepare environmental compliance reports with action plans for management and the necessary reports to the external parties.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- A degree in food science and technology, biochemistry engineering, chemical engineering or related fields
- Formal training quality management systems e.g. HACCP, ISO, etc
- Knowledge, Experience and Competencies
- 7 years relevant experience in quality management within a busy manufacturing environment, preferably in the dairy sector