· In charge of the quality assurance aspects of briquettes production, specifically managing the materials preparation of dry and appropriately sized bagasse fibers as well as quality control of the final product.
· Responsible for daily management and operations of our mechanical drier plant and hammermill machine as well as sun drying team to ensure briquettes meet quality, cost, and efficiency standards.
· Involved with planning for the factory production and quality management with support from the Factory Engineer, Administrator and Departmental Head.
· This role strictly requires a versatile, hands-on doer with excellent technical skills as well as communication and teamwork abilities.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Oversee Sun-Drying Team
· Manage the supervisors of 100+ contracted drying personnel; ensure all bagasse drying workers are using proper drying techniques to maximize output.
· Ensure bagasse is dried to the required moisture content and is free of foreign material.
· Direct transporters to bring required amounts of raw bagasse to the drying fields to meet production requirements.
Manage Daily Operations of Mechanical Drier and Hammermill
· Direct the operations of mechanical drier and hammermill, including managing staff and equipment schedules and ensuring inputs and consumables are in place.
· Conduct continuing trainings for machine operators to improve performance.
· Ensure all processes are followed regarding to quality management.
· Manage proper utilization of all available resources and machines for increased efficiencies.
Perform Quality Control of Final Products and Supervise Health and Safety Requirements
· Guarantee that only products which meet our quality standards are packaged through training and supervision of the packing team.
· Implement occupational health and safety requirements across the factory and field operations.
Participate in Factory Planning and Improvements
· Work closely with the Head of Operations to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for each process and ensure adherence.
· Design and execute quality improvement plans while providing daily and periodical reports.
· Proactively participate in scheduled meetings and freely interact with the team with new ideas for improvement.
· Understand, implement, and enforce policies and regulations, including ensuring a safe working environment across all areas of your jurisdiction.
· Handle other projects/improvements as assigned from time to time.
· Engineering Advanced Diploma/Degree (Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electrical).
· Over 2 years’ experience handing quality management and supervising heavy machinery operations.
· Able to study and understand concentric column drier and hammermill machines.
· Experience in briquetting industry and specifically Ronak/Radhe machines is preferred, but not required
· Excellent and professional verbal and written communication abilities
· Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
· Cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in this position
· 1 or 2-page CV
· Relevant Diplomas or Certificates
Hard copies of the application will not be accepted at the office.