About the role
The Quality Engineer’s role will Design, implement and maintain systems to manage variability in process input and output parameters so as to achieve consistent, predictable and high performing processes.
A typical day for you might include the following
- Manage data collection teams: Manage the team that collects process data. Lay down protocols and train the team to minimize variation caused by measurement operator error.
- Structure frequency of data collection: Use statistical methods to determine input and output parameters that are critical to quality. Develop sampling criteria and frequencies to collect data that will allow for robust process monitoring and control.
- Running SPC: Implement and maintain statistical process control systems for input and output variables. Use leading indicators to enable early detection, correction and prediction of process performance to allow for more robust planning and process management.
- Process Standardization: Standardize processes through the development and implementation of SOPs, Work instructions and record sheets that guide the operators to adhere to critical control points.
- Process improvement: Continually perform statistical analysis (ANOVA, MANOVA etc.) to uncover insights to maximize production yields. Lead implementation of corrective and preventive actions to minimize process variability.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Bio-processing engineering with a strong statistics background
- Knowledge and skills in Statistics using statistical models.
- Proficient in MS Excel, generation of 2D and 3D engineering concept drawings
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- At least 2 to 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently to move deliverables forward
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humor
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
To apply, please click on ‘Apply for this Job’ to submit a cover letter and your resume/CV. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.