Reports to: Head of Projects
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work and prepare quotations
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Advise on a procurement strategy for projects
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- Allocate work to subcontractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arrange payments
- Maintain awareness of the different contracts for our clients and ensure the full implementation
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Organize work activities and meet with Supervisors to review project goals/milestones and progress to ensure timelines are being met.
- Prepare reports for Directors or Clients show key project metrics such as actual cost vs. budget etc.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents to the Head of Projects.
- Undertake client presentations
- A Degree in a Quantity Surveying
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Have strong numerical and financial management skills, a practical mind and interested in technological changes in building trends
- A motivated and goal oriented individual
- Great people skills and can manage across disciplines
- Keen researcher on market trends and an eager contributor to the adopting new technologies/trends
- Must be proactive and a team leader
- Should possess great leadership, communication and problem solving skills