- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project..
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly.
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project.
- Measure and value the work done on site.
- Pay subcontractors.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers.
- Select and/or source construction materials.
- Write reports.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess a degree in quantity surveying or construction. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience as a quantity surveyor.
- Must be a trustworthy person
- Must be a team player
- Must be very thorough in their work and pay close attention to detail
- Must understand how to use the various computer packages like word, excel and PowerPoint.