REPORTING TO: RADIOLOGIST/ MEDICAL SUPERITENDENT
Duties & Responsibilities
- Explaining procedures to patients and answering questions.
- Preparing equipment for use as needed.
- Preparing examination rooms for patient exams.
- Positioning patients for imaging exams.
- Determine proper voltage, current and exposure time for each radiograph and adjusting x-ray equipment.
- Monitoring patients during examinations.
- Documenting information with computers and Hospital Information System.
- Reporting important information to the physician.
- Ensuring safety of patients during examinations.
- Producing diagnostic images of body tissue.
- Using sound waves to obtain images of organs and tissues in the body.
- Administering targeted doses of radiation to the patient’s body to treat cancer or other diseases.
- Administering trace amounts of radiopharmaceuticals to a patient to obtain functional information about organs, tissues and bone.
- Measuring bone mineral density at a specific anatomical site.
- Capture of patient data in departmental register with important information like type of tests, type of patient, invoice number, referral from etc
- Booking the departmental consumption through HIS for each consumption.
- Ensuring cleanliness and tidiness of the department.
- Maintaining of stock report
- Proper dressing and grooming during office hours.
- Keeping the record of TLD batch, examination and filing of report.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by superiors from time to time.
- Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography or Medical Imaging Sciences.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a busy hospital.
- Must be able to perform CT Scan and all MRI examinations.
- Experience in mammography, and digital imaging is an added advantage.
- Registered with the Society of Radiographers in Kenya.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer use determining correct procedures and performing variety of clinical imaging
- Valid Practicing License from the Radiation Protection Board.