Nanyuki Cottage Hospital (NCH), in Nanyuki Kenya, is a non-profit private charity, with 50 in-patient beds, an operating theatre, laboratory, radiography department, and pharmacy. Widely recognized as the leading healthcare provider in the region, the hospital offers general out-patient medical services, as well as antiretroviral therapy, family planning, maternity and pediatric services, HIV counseling, dental services, and immunization. The hospital also hosts a frail care facility and sheltered housing.
Terms of Reference
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Performs ultra sound exams i.e obstetrical, GYN, abdominal, retro peritoneal, small parts, pediatric and vascular.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
- Educates patients regarding the procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient’s understanding and cooperation.
- Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
- Prepares and submits reports showing the number and the type of examination conducted.
- Performs X-Ray procedures and processes films.
Qualifications, Skills & Essential Experience:
- Diploma in medical imaging science
- Higher diploma in Ultrasound
- 3+ years’ relevant experience
- Be a registered member of Radiation Protection Board
- At least KCSE C+ (Plus) or its equivalence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Time Management
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting your expected remuneration and CV to be received not later than 19th November 2018. Any image should be compressed to document size.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.