All applications to be made via BrighterMonday!
The key roles of the Board are:
- The protection of stakeholders interests by seeking to ensure that Wetlands International Eastern Africa strategic direction provides value for its various stakeholders
- Establishing goals for management and monitoring the achievement of organizational goals;
- Appointing and/or replacing the Director and other Senior Staff.
- Authorizing policies and overseeing the strategic implementation of these policies
- Seeking to ensure that Wetlands International Eastern Africa’s internal control and reporting procedures are adequate, effective and ethical and that the organizations strategic direction provides value for its stakeholders.
- In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our Board members are active advocates and ambassadors for Wetlands International Eastern Africa and are fully engaged in supporting the Organization to advance its mission.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Wetlands International’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, or the non-profit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
We are seeking board members with the following attributes:
- An individual with extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in Institutional Capacity Building, Private sector engagement and/or Wetlands Conservation and Management
- A commitment to and understanding of Wetlands International stakeholders, preferably based on experience that spans the development, public and private sectors.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Wetlands International stakeholders
- An individual who will be aligned in thinking with the Wetlands International’s vision and mission
- An individual with strong relationship building skills
- An individual who is well networked across the region and globally
- An individual with sufficient time to invest in the Board Member role - at least 15 days per year
The appointment will be effective from 1 January 2020 for a 2-year tenure renewed once upon the satisfactory performance as concluded from the annual Board performance reviews.
Terms and conditions will be discussed with the successful candidates.