SALARY: 75,000 – 150,000
LOCATION: THIKA AND NYAHURURU
To be based either in Thika and Nyahururu with occasional travels to Nanyuki, Timau and Nairobi regions (Facility refrigeration management, product trucks maintenance,
The Refrigeration Manager is responsible for ensuring improved efficiency of all refrigeration systems across the company Group to include Pack house maintenance and mobile refrigeration units.
- Perform repair works on the affected systems or components to ensure functionality
- Perform planned maintenance, regular service of refrigeration units to include troubleshooting, repair and overhaul of systems
- Perform root cause analysis on refrigeration equipment failures to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide technical direction on preventative maintenance for all refrigeration systems
- Test malfunctions of refrigeration systems and components and repair them before breakdowns occurs
- Proactively suggest improved methods, system updates or new operational procedures that will improve the efficiency of the systems or components
- Requisite and provide specifications for materials and spares parts required and, assists in verification once they are purchased/supplied.
- Effectively supervise the team
- Advise and train Maintenance Team on preventive measures to mitigate unnecessary breakdowns such as safety measures to eliminate occupational hazards and injuries as well as critical emergency troubleshooting
- Adherence to company’s code of conduct and practices
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Minimum diploma in refrigeration and air conditioning
- Minimum 5 years’ proven experience in maintenance of industrial refrigeration equipment
- Knowledge of electrical power and control gear associated with industrial refrigeration plants
- Strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
- A high level of integrity and reliability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English & Swahili).
- A team player with attention to details and follow up
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Other trainings (Haccp/Food safety, Management, Kaizen and lean management, work place communication