- Sales and Marketing Director
Place of Work
- Company offices in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Customer premises, predominantly in Kenya. Possibly expanding into other parts of Sub-Saharan Africa over time.
If you do not possess the following minimum experience, your application will not be considered:
- 10 years’ experience in sales.
- 5 years’ experience in sales of software or IT solutions.
- A proven history of exceeding sales targets. This will be validated.
- Track record of developing business with C-Level customers.
Main purpose of position
- Hunt for and develop direct business, appoint value adding resellers, build and manage partnerships.
- Selling products by initiating contact and developing long term relationships with partners and customers.
- Provide support, information, and guidance to customers throughout the complete sales process as well as implementation.
- Grow revenue within your region, exceed sales targets and increase profitability.
- Be the face of the company within your region, passionately promoting its solutions and upholding its values.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Adherence to and achievement of all KPI’s as determined quarterly by the Sales and Marketing Director. KPI’s will also include minimum weekly customer visits, presentations and demonstrations.
- Achievement of agreed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Create, nurture and respond to sales opportunities and close sales orders.
- Establish quarterly and annual sales objectives in coordination with the Sales and Marketing Director
- Promote, demonstrate and sell The Companies’ solutions through direct customer contact within the assigned region.
- Conduct sales calls and regularly track sales activities with all end user and value-added reseller opportunities using the Companies’ CRM.
- Source, qualify, select and manage value added resellers.
- Prepare proposals and quotes for prospective customers and provide them with published prices.
- Provide sales training to resellers to help them understand our products including how and when they should be used according to their specific application.
- Ensure proper commissioning of the system and confirmation of customer expectations and requirements.
- Attend tradeshows and professionally participate in all relevant company marketing opportunities.
- Feedback reseller and end user customer requirements to the development team to aid improvements within new product releases.
- Compile data on competitive products and pricing and report it back to the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings.
- Identify key market influencers, establish contact with them, and demonstrate to them the superiority and utility of our solutions.
- The above is not an exhaustive list