The Regional Sales Manager will manage their sales force within their defined regional territory. He/ she is responsible for overseeing sales operations, meeting targets and managing the sales team by offering support to the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Retain and nurture existing customers, ensuring repeat sales, volume growth, increased rate of sale and customer satisfaction.
- Open quality new customer accounts, promoting distribution through approved route to market partners.
- Build effective trading relationships with key decision makers
- Develop both volume and value of brands through new business growth via brand listings in quality new and existing customers.
- Negotiate on pricing, terms of sales and joint business plans with clients
- Develop efficient and creative sales and marketing strategies for the assigned region and target setting for the sales team.
- Collecting customer and market feedback and reporting the same to the organization.
- Monitoring sales team performance, analyzing sales data, periodical forecasting and reporting to the management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in a business related course
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience in FMCG, 2 years in leadership
- Excellent knowledge of Nairobi modern trade channels and On-Trade
- Confident, presentable and aggressive, with ability follow-through on join business plans
- In-depth understanding of company key accounts and their position in the industry
- Ability to handle and overcome objections from customers while negotiating terms of trade.
- Planning and presenting reports on key account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members.