REPORTING TO: - National Sales Manager - Kenya
LOCATION: - This is a Nairobi based position with 50% travel requirements across the country.
SALARY: 90-120K plus other benefits
Having a technical sales background is mandatory, extensive knowledge of products and services in hydraulics, pneumatics, automation and controls would be an added bonus. Exceptional oral and written communication skill are required together with the ability to explain complex systems in a clear and concise manner is necessary for this position.
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
SALES - (70%)
- Achieve and surpass all monthly and annualized sales target number
- Support the sales objectives by researching customers’ product and service needs analysis and providing solutions in a professional and effective manner.
- Manage designated sales leads by region, prospects and customer accounts in line with agreed business objectives
- Follow-up on all sales opportunities within a timely and strategic manner especially for regionally customers.
- Develop and maintain new business relationships within each defined territory following up on quotations, orders and deliveries for each customers through complete ownership.
- Manage and report sales reports, regional customer data bases, sales meetings, offers, feedback and suggestions to improve product solutions.
- Develop and own a go-to-region strategy that is SMART – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, realistic and Timely.
- Provide quality service to internal and external customers in all assigned tasks while upholding the company values at all times.
TECHNICAL - (20%)
- Grow your product knowledge through the various data sources available as well as schedule customer visits with both the sales manager and the country manager to better understand the business strategy.
- Provide answers to pre-sales technical and commercial queries from each of your customers
- Evaluate product and service marketability in terms of customers’ technical needs by continually compiling market information/intelligence on dedicated regions with a view in shaping the future company strategy and product development
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of company and industry trends, technical developments that impact target market and customers.
- Communicate technical solutions to customers concisely and clearly describing the steps taken to arrive at the solutions.
- Grow the company's training solutions both for training kits and courses offered.
- Conduct user group meet to discuss the training gaps in each organization and push for budgetary training allocations and align with the training calendar.
- Assist customers to understand the quality of the company's training and the definite impact training will have on improved equipment reliability.
- Familiarize yourself with the future of Industry through our Industry 4.0 solutions.
And any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by your line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Technical training in an Engineering discipline. A Bachelor’s degree would be and added advantage
- 3 – 5 years’ experience technical sales experience. Experience is hydraulics, pneumatics and automation would be ideal
- Excellent oral/written communication skills which are adapted to customers with varied level of expertise
- Excellent customer relationship management and ability to build good business relationships across a wide variety of personalities while maintaining ethical integrity is a must.
- A 5 year minimum valid driving license
- Willingness to travel outside the city every two weeks to establish and grow business
- Flexibility to work outside traditional work hours when required.
- Technical troubleshooting and reverse engineering abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, supported by strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Self-driven, ability to set own targets and achieve them without waiting to be instructed is vital for the success of the role.