Department: Central Processing Centre
Section: Archives and Registry
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader – Archives and Registry
The Registry Officer is responsible for:
- Classifying, labeling and filing of records [documents and files] as per the bank’s policy.
- Enabling appropriate access to information/records.
- Maintaining accurate records of document orders and movements
- Destroying records as per disposal schedules.
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations
- Ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring adherence to Bank’s operating policies, procedures and risk management guidelines.
- Responding to inquiries/complaints/issues effectively and in a timely manner
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
MANAGEMENT JOB CONTENT
Planning: Disposal of records
Directing & Supervising: None
Monitoring & Controlling: Records Retention Schedules
EXPECTED MINIMUM QUALIFICATION
Education: A university degree
Experience: 1 year’ experience in record management
TECHNICAL AND GENERAL COMPETENCIES:
- Computer/IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word; Excel; etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and projects a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively lead and work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints effectively and timely.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organization, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail; must have eye for details, strong ability to scrutinize and examine.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.