The main job purpose of the Reservation Assistant is to organize and supervise all reservation and administrative activities that facilitate the booking process for all enquiries for a safari and adventure outfit.
- Ensures that all reservations enquiries and confirmations, amendments and cancellations are handled on a timely manner.
- Responding to enquiries regarding hotels & safaris within 24hrs
- Ensuring the rates files are orderly & up to date
- Ensures all reservations are checked daily for compliance with rate guidelines and market segment.
- Handling all online and direct client inquiries and agent bookings
- Invoicing and collecting payments
- Managing all administration with regards to the booking system.
- Weekly reporting to the Directors.
- Ensuring all lodges and camps are fully informed of all bookings
- Co-ordinating all matters between head office and camp regarding bookings.
- Arranging ground handling service where needed
Job Requirements & Skills:
- Excellent communication
- Min 3 years of hospitality experience
- Sales experience in selling safari packages
- Relevant hospitality qualifications
- Proven organizational and communication skills – Micros Fidelio literacy an asset, along with working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs.
- Understanding and prior experience of working in the African luxury safari market.