In collaboration with the Programmes Manager and National Coordinator, the Resource Mobilization and Marketing Officer will In collaboration with the Programmes Manager and National Coordinator, the Resource Mobilization and Marketing Officer will lead the fundraising and resource mobilization function, establish strategic relationships and develop WCK’s brand and external presences.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the National coordinator and the
Programmes manager to develop, implement and monitor WCK’s resource
mobilization and marketing strategies, policies and work plans.
- Proactively seek out Donor funding opportunities for the
- Responsible for building and continuously engaging strong
relationships with WCK’s donors/partners
- Develop projects and grant proposals for donors, corporate
and other funding agencies
- Develop and manage the WCK Partners database i.e. contacts
and crucial contact information;
- Raise awareness of WCK and its work
- Ensure WCK has a coherent and engaging brand identity
- Develop work plans , prepare income and expenditure budgets
for each fundraising Initiatives
- Organize and participate in events with partners, potential
partners, organization, policymakers, media etc., to ensure that WCK is
adequately represented at relevant external fundraising forums
- Provide input into donor reports, compliance and support
monitoring and evaluation processes
- Assist in the development- production of marketing
information and materials.
- Produce communication materials in support of fundraising
such as brochures, appeals, news and concept letters and other relevant reports
- Raise WCK’s profile by generating media visibility
- Work closely with various departmental heads to identify
priority themes and develop advocacy messages, and other communication and
marketing materials for dissemination
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the
- An undergraduate degree in Business Communication,
Marketing, Public Relations or Social Sciences from a recognized university OR
a Higher/Advanced Diploma in either relevant field with a combination of more
than 3 years relevant working experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in building
partnership between NGOs, corporate and or private foundations.
- At least 3 years proven track record of successful
fundraising from major donors, corporate and private foundations and developing
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development, grant
writing and reporting for NGO, local or international private funding
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, able to
communicate complex issues with clarity and structure, and to deliver documents
to the highest levels of professionalism.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suites- Word, power point
presentation and Excel
- Very strong networking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team as well as with
a range of stakeholders, from industry, civil society, governments and
- A strong understanding and passion for issues and dynamics
affecting the environment, conservation and sustainability issues in Kenya
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your detailed CV indicating your salary expectations to:
The National Coordinator
Wildlife Clubs of Kenya
P.O. Box 20184-00200,
On the subject line please indicate REF: RM-MO/WCK/01-2019 .Applications must be received on or before 1st March 2019.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.