1. To take the lead in identifying funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with the management committee.
2. To assist with funding proposal writing processes. This involves writing project and budget plan proposals and coordinating with the different departments with the aim of sometimes jointly submitting a project proposals.
3. To assist in developing a fund generation and resource mobilization Work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan.This involves designing and writing materials for communications with different prospective donors and agencies.
4. To assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals, faith based organizations and corporate agencies.
5. To coordinate processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensure effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors and grant renewal proposals.
6. To monitor donor reporting and grant expenditure deadlines; coordinate with different departmental heads and the finance office in responding to these deadlines while facilitating and participating in the preparation of quality financial and narrative reports to donors.
7. To contribute to the production of marketing material for the Teule Newsletter, social media and other communication platforms.
8. To coordinate distribution to donors information highlighting funds needed and generated along with resources mobilized.
9. To ensure that fundraising and resource mobilization information are up to date on the Teule information management system
10. To work with the Partner relations team to recruit engage and maintain external vendors and agencies for procurement on with the goal of building long term relationships with suppliers
11. To plan and coordination fundraising events throughout the year tor recruit, engage and maintain
12. To undertake all other relevant activities as and when assigned by the management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher diploma in Business management, Community Development, communications or marketing
• At least 2 year experience in fundraising, event planning or related activities
• Excellent Time Management and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and creatively problem solve
• Excellent knowledge of English, both orally and written
• Good analytical skills in developing, monitoring and implementing resource mobilization strategies and utilizing campaign metrics to determine best practices
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
• Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
• Self-motivation and a commitment to ensure results oriented work.
• Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
• Computer literacy and ability to effectively use a variety of software particularly Excel and Word
• Good understanding of social media and strong ability to create an online presence
• Availability to travel if necessary
Interested candidates are invited to submit an updated CV and application letter with expected salary. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.