- To take the lead in identifying funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with the management committee.
- To assist with funding proposal writing processes. This involves writing project and budget plan proposals and coordinating with the different departments with the aim of sometimes jointly submitting a project proposals.
- To assist in developing a fund generation and resource mobilization Work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan.This involves designing and writing materials for communications with different prospective donors and agencies.
- To assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals, faith based organizations and corporate agencies.
- To coordinate processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensure effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors and grant renewal proposals.
- To monitor donor reporting and grant expenditure deadlines; coordinate with different departmental heads and the finance office in responding to these deadlines while facilitating and participating in the preparation of quality financial and narrative reports to donors.
- To contribute to the production of marketing material for the Teule Newsletter, social media and other communication platforms.
- To coordinate distribution to donors information highlighting funds needed and generated along with resources mobilized.
- To ensure that fundraising and resource mobilization information are up to date on the Teule information management system
- To work with the Partner relations team to recruit engage and maintain external vendors and agencies for procurement on with the goal of building long term relationships with suppliers
- To plan and coordination fundraising events throughout the year tor recruit, engage and maintain
- To undertake all other relevant activities as and when assigned by the management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher diploma in Business management, Community Development, communications or marketing
- At least 2 year experience in fundraising, event planning or related activities
- Excellent Time Management and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and creatively problem solve
- Excellent knowledge of English, both orally and written
- Good analytical skills in developing, monitoring and implementing resource mobilization strategies and utilizing campaign metrics to determine best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Self-motivation and a commitment to ensure results oriented work.
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use a variety of software particularly Excel and Word
- Good understanding of social media and strong ability to create an online presence
- Availability to travel if necessary
Interested candidates are invited to submit an updated CV and application letter with expected salary. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates will earn and the agreed salary as retainer and 10% commission from new donors they bring in or donations above Ksh. 200,000 per month.