Key Role and Responsibilities
- Attach loads to rigging machinery in order to move them from one place to another.
- Ensure that pulleys and blocks are properly attached to beams, ceilings and pole booms.
- Make sure that the right amount sized bolts and clamps are used for each attachment.
- Handle the movement of heavy equipment with the help of controls and field engineers.
- Assemble and dismantle rigging equipment at the end of each shift.
- Perform fabrication and repairing of structures using defined rigging machinery.
- Manipulate rigging lines and hoists in order to control attached heavy equipment.
- Ensure that the selected cables, pulleys and winches are in accordance to the weight of the equipment that needs to be hoisted or moved.
- Communicate with construction staff using verbal communication or hand signals so as to ensure the safety and correct movement of heavy equipment or materials.
- Test and set-up rigging for safety and maneuverability before each movement.
- Ensure compliance to safe rigging practices at every step of the rigging process.
- Perform cleanliness and maintenance duties on rigging equipment and tools.
- Ensure that all rigging gear is stored in a proper manner and is ready for the next shift.
- Ensure that all the slings and ropes are well store them as required.
- Installing and maintaining radios.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma or equivalent expertise.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with telecommunication tower erection, antenna and transmission line systems and installation on towers, roof-tops and other structures
- Knowledge of the latest rigging safety requirements (including rigging gear inspection standards) and practices
- Certification in any industry standards will be an added advantage
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull heavy loads.
- Comfortable working at heights, climbing ladders and towers.
- Technical ability with either a computer and or telecom background will be a plus.