Duration of contract: 1-year contract, renewable based on performance.
- Risk mapping to identify risk levels.
- Developing risk policies and procedures.
- Assisting in risk analysis and management activities
- Developing risk management strategies.
- Assessing potential risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Developing best practices for risk management and reduction programs.
- Providing expert solutions for in risk-related questions and concerns.
- Reviewing and recommending improvements to risk modeling techniques.
- Developing risk metrics and generate risk reports to management for review.
- Developing new methodologies to improve risk management efficiency.
- Developing Business Continuity Plans.
- Training in Risk Management matters.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in the risk analysis field.
Client related work (clients to be allocated based on signed contracts)
- Preparation of client accounts on any client system (Quick Books, Pastel or any other system).
- Meeting with clients to discuss financial statements and management accounts.
- Preparation of all statutory returns for the clients.
- Filing client statutory returns as provided by the law.
- Follow up with for payments from all clients.
- Prepare client accounts for audit.
- Undertaking internal audit assignments for clients.
- Documentation of policy procedures.
- Undertaking grants related tasks as per client requirements.
- Undertaking financial reviews.
- Conducting training for clients.
- Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by the Director.
Internal related work
- Assisting in the preparation for proposals for work.
- Filing internal statutory returns as provided by the law.
- Assisting in responding to website requests.
- Preparation of internal payroll and payments.
- Providing daily updates on proposals, payment and other related financial status updates.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, plans, and manuals.
- Monitor commitments, budgets, and plans on a day to day basis.
- Assist in setting up internal controls.
- Preparation of monthly reports.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by the Director.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, ICT, Economics or related Field.
- Any Risk Qualifications is an added advantage.
- Experience in Accounting, Risk or Audit for two to three years.
- Experience in a consulting firm.
Additional skills and behaviors
- Networking skills;
- Good Persuasion & prospecting skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Communication skills; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good Attitude towards others and work.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Discipline and Punctuality.
How to apply
Submit your curriculum vitae by 16 October 2019 at 5:00pm East African Time.
Indicate Risk Advisor on the subject of the email.