ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
*NOTE* ALL THE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/baa7a3661
Alongside our Core Program, we're building partnerships and new ventures to reach all farmers. A cornerstone of this strategy is to use mass marketing and creative advertising, led by our Extension department, to influence all farmers to adopt behaviors that make them more prosperous and healthy.
We're now looking for an accomplished creative to lead our radio advertising channel, and build our mass marketing capacity, to achieve farmer impact at an unprecedented scale.
The Marketing and Radio Advertising Lead will report directly to the Extension Program Manager, Impact Ventures Division. Primary responsibilities include:
Research farmer behaviors to help design strategic marketing interventions, and radio advertising content, that leads to positive farmer behavior change
Project manage your marketing interventions as trials, to test their effectiveness, and if successful, scale them up nationally as coordinated campaigns
Lead our radio advertising channel, transforming your research into compelling radio advertising campaigns (using drama, testimonials, jingles, etc), working with producers, broadcasters, and others to maximize farmer engagement
Develop a long-term marketing strategy, that creates a pathway to increased departmental financial sustainability and farmer impact
Build a solid Marketing unit by strengthening staff capacity (e.g. project management, research, creative content development, etc), building processes, and ensuring appropriate staffing to actualize the long-term strategy
Support broader marketing and advertising strategy across the organization, and work collaboratively with other departments and external partners on targeted research projects, and multi-pronged campaigns
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
The role offers a huge opportunity to build a rewarding long-term career developing our mass marketing and advertising capabilities that achieves farmer impact at an unparalleled scale. It is a role for people passionate about serving farmers by linking research, communication, creativity, and flawless execution.
We are looking for candidates with 3+ years of work experience, and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Experience developing behaviour change / marketing / advertising / branding campaigns, evidenced by a strong client campaign portfolio
- Proficient qualitative research skills, with an ability to transform data into compelling project designs and communication content
- Great communicator and story-teller, with an ability to ‘sell an idea’, and manage a range of stakeholders
- Proficient at evaluating and developing powerful creative content (e.g. scripts, brand communication, jingles)
- Experience developing drama productions (radio, theatre, television, etc) for behaviour change (actors, writers, and producers), desirable
- Project management experience, leading projects to achieve excellent results
- Bachelor's degree required, with a preference for social sciences, marketing, or humanities, with a significant qualitative research component
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Language: English required in all locations. Kinyarwanda is preferred
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing allowance, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes; African country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.