ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/1f45ccc51
We are looking for a driven, strategic problem-solvers dedicated to social impact to join our Rwanda strategy team. The Strategy and Operations Analyst will work on short-term projects across multiple functions to rapidly solve complex strategic, financial and operational problems.
This is a full-time career-track role within One Acre Fund Rwanda’s Strategy team. The role therefore includes exposure to high-level strategy, working in a variety of departments and functions, and getting into the field. No day is ever the same, and a great candidate will be able to take on new projects quickly whilst handling ad-hoc requests (e.g. research) from the country director.
Analysts take full ownership of projects, from planning through execution and follow-up. They manage anywhere from 2-5 projects at any given time, are typically responsible for at least one other team-specific initiative, and are expected to be able to tackle any type of project – from quantitative modeling to primary research – with a relentless focus on solving the problem at hand. The Analyst may be asked to take on direct management responsibilities to help our team grow into exceptional Analysts.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying opportunities for 20% savings in our large distribution network costs, through market research and modeling of truck costs and margins in the industry, to understand where we could reduce our costs.
- Building a ‘social return on investment’ model for teams that conduct trials to ensure the trial is a worthwhile investment, taking in to account its potential impact to farmers and cost if we scaled the trial country-wide.
- Identifying opportunities in the market to sell more solar lights, and working with each team to ensure cross-channel collaboration to optimize solar light sales.
- Working with our field operations team to create tools to measure performance and ensure incentives (sales, repayment etc) for field staff are optimal to drive results.
- Longer-term, there will be opportunities to lead increasingly large initiatives or join/lead a department you are supporting.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for truly extraordinary professionals who will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career-track role. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences: we are targeting former management consultants or people with similar experience quickly getting up to speed on a project, working across functions, and solving problems. We also look for leadership experiences, at or outside of work, particularly in roles that demonstrate relationship management and driving results on a variety of project types.
- Technical skills: advanced proficiency in Excel. Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA, Access) is a plus.
- Humility: in everything One Acre Fund does, we put farmers first. We do this by approaching our work and individual professional growth with humility, efficiency, and compassion.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years. The ideal candidate will have had experience working in an emerging market, although this is not required.
- Language: English required; French/Kinyarwanda a bonus
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes, Africans are strongly encouraged to apply
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.