The position is a key part of our client’s strategy and maintains and expands relationships with strategically important
customers. He/She is responsible for achieving sales targets,
pipeline management, relationship management and strategic account planning
while maintaining customer satisfaction as measured by the Net Promoter Score.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages / achieves both overall & business unit specific sales targets, account coverage, & customer satisfaction targets for the account; takes accountability for the monthly, quarterly, & annual results on the overall account or the specifically assigned product lines (per the direction of the Sales Manager); etc.
- Promotes frame agreements with customers to simplify the business process and demonstrate ability to combine discrete products & services into a comprehensive solution.
- Develops / maintains detailed understanding of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behaviour, & organizational structure (including customer needs, regulatory drivers, threats, economic trends, & competition); and provides insight to customers by providing knowledge to guide customers as they navigate alternatives.
Industry & Market Knowledge:
- Understand market dynamics & macroeconomic influencers; maintain awareness of competitors’ activity with each potential & existing account, and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated & implemented.
- Plans, facilitates, & conducts meaningful customer engagements with support from lines of business; acts as focal-point for problem resolution while monitoring the successful close out of issues & actions; and demonstrates ability to build lasting, trusting, & widespread relationships across the customer’s organization.
Customer & Strategy Team Work:
- Participates with sales management, co-workers, & business unit leadership to develop & execute account plans; delivers new insights, and connects experts to the customer while respectfully challenging the status quo.
- Leads the development & implementation of the overall account plan for assigned accounts or products lines, executive relationship strategy, and coverage plans (identifying & prioritizing sales opportunities); this also includes implementing recovery plans in the case of off-target performance.
- Enters & maintains relevant sales data into appropriate databases & systems, including pipeline management, expenses, reports, and ad-hoc requests for marketing input.
Additional duties may be assigned, as required.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- This position requires the ability to develop sales strategies with businesses, provide insight to customers by navigating options & alternatives, and coordinate activities involving multiple functions across a variety of businesses.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required to determine, evaluate, and report reasons for success or failure of sales efforts, anticipate market changes, and forecast / communicate changes in customers' buying patterns & product requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while remaining organized & strategic to carry out the sales account plans.
- Successful candidate must have an understanding of customer and company’s organizational structure, as well as strong business acumen / sense to determine when escalation is required.
- Anticipates roadblocks, and alerts internal & external stakeholders appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-related field is preferred; Business Administration-oriented programs will also be considered.
- Recent experience selling to and working with clients in the Building and utilities markets;
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, relationship management qualities, and leadership abilities.