- Report to Sales & Marketing Manager
- General Manager
- Maximize occupancy and average rate of hotel through creative and selective selling.
- Adhere to Peabody grooming standards and exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®.
NEED TO DO
- Develops/ assists with development of the hotel’s sales & marketing plan based on the hotel’s position and strengths within each market.
- Implements hotel’s sales & marketing plan.
- Analyses and understands the competition’s strengths and weaknesses for each market segment and successfully directs marketing activities against each.
- Identifies and maintains constant communications with the hotel’s key accounts.
- Actively sells room nights through outside sales calls, telemarketing, tours etc.
- Actively sells to in-house guests (greeting tours, talking with guests at continental breakfast to surface additional leads, etc.).
- Meets or exceeds budgeted REVPAR for the hotel.
- Prepares departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotel’s business plan.
- Forecasts occupancy fluctuations and directs selling activities to maximize revenues.
- Knows the hotel’s demand segments, sources of business for each, and balances market segments according to supply and demand.
- Knows the principal competition for each market segment and takes advantage of hotel’s strengths against each competitor.
- Accurately forecasts occupancy changes based on changing market conditions (additions to supply and demand, etc.).
- Supports guest service as the hotel’s driving philosophy.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests’ needs.
- Knows the competition well. In addition, is familiar with all “business” in the market, where that “business” stays and why.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Manage departmental costs against budget
- Achievement of budgeted room turnover as per set target which would vary from time to time.
- Achievement of targeted sales- as per set target which would vary from time to time
- Submission of accurate monthly reports by the 2nd Working day of the month
- Achievement of 100% resource utilization for equipment/ ICT usage and employee
- Achievement of 100% flexibility on guest needs and wants; delivery of guest products and services in time
NEED TO KNOW
- Professional Certificate in Sales & Marketing
- Fully IT literate
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to comprehend P & L, budget reports, and write commentary
- Able to use the Delphi System for data retrieval.
- Minimum of two years in a similar role in a hotel, Media or FMCG industry
NEED TO BE (3-must, 2-should, 1-preferably)
- Team Player (3)
- Excellent communicator(3)
- Self-motivated (3)
- Creative (3)
- Flexible (3)
- Passionate (3)
- Punctual (3)
- Integrity (3)
- Ethics (3)
- Time Management (3)
- Attention to Detail (3)