● To develop an effective sales strategy to attract new & additional catering sales, in conjunction with the Managing Director.
● To create and prepare banqueting proposals for potential customers, ensuring that all likely additional costs relating to the event have been assessed accurately and communicated
● Meet and exceed all agreed sales targets set by the Managing Director
● Maintain and accurately keep updated, customer records.
● Efficiently respond to all customer enquires in a polite and timely manner
● Work closely and effectively with the restaurant catering team, in order to ensure that all catering contracts are delivered to a high standard
● Create and prepare accurate catering proposals for potential customers, ensuring that the catering offer matches the profile of the event in terms of product selection and budget
● Provide weekly and monthly sales activity reports
● Develop and deliver sales presentations to potential customers
● Produce clear and accurate Event Catering Schedules within set deadlines
● Adopt a clear and strategic approach to catering sales by selling a catering offer that drives up spend per head, while keeping operational costs to a minimum
● Organise and attend client meetings both internally and externally
● Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
● Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
● Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
● Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
1. The duties of this post may require some weekend or evening work
2. This job description is not exhaustive and the role necessitates flexibility to take on other responsibilities which are at the discretion of the Managing Director
● Proven work experience as a sales representative
● Excellent knowledge of MS Office
● Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
● Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
● Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
● Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
● Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
● Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
● BS/BA degree or equivalent
Salary not more than 20,000/month.