Our client's stated mission is to provide always fresh, high quality bakery products - produced in a clean hygienic environment - at a reasonable price
POSITION: SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
SUPERVISES: Territorial Sales Reps, Marketers, Direct Van sales Team, Distribution Team.
The function defines long term organization business goals, build key customer relationship, identify business opportunities, negotiate, close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The position holder will have the following accountabilities;
- Implement business plan
- New Business development; Prospects for new clients/customers and turn this into increased business. Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographical area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities, plan approaches and pitches.
- Engage with stakeholders and client for purposes of retention, growth and new business opportunities.
- Client retention; Present new products and enhance existing relationships. Work with production and other technical staff including internal colleagues to meet customer needs. Arrange and participate in internal and external client briefing
- Route to market oversight and execution.
- Maintaining, promoting and enhancing a positive corporate image of the organization
- Enhancing positive public relations
- Training, developing coaching and motivating a competent team.
- Implementing social responsibility policy.
- Coordinating customer relation issues.
- Facilitating and reviewing development of marketing and corporate affairs plans.
- Development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Monitoring the environment and advising management on possible market gaps
- Ensuring compliance with national and international standards as part of competitive strategy
- Relevant University Degree
- Relevant Professional Qualification
- At least five years’ experience in (FMCG).
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
Job related Skills
- Report writing skills
- Client engagement and partnership approach skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Emotional intelligence
- Team work
- High Integrity
- Good communication
- Self-drive and creativity
- Able to work under pressure and meeting strict deadline
This position requires knowledge and experience of the Kenya Coastal business and multi-cultural experience.