The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing sales staff and reservation to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage, and marketing opportunities are achieved. He/ She will also be responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long-range, targeted towards existing and new markets.
- Prepares sales reports and annual Sales and Marketing plan.
- Creates an effective sales and marketing programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the hotel, its activities, culinary services, and personnel.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local and international community.
- Manages sales and marketing budgets and understands forecasts and P&L statements.
- Travels as necessary to meet potential clients and attend corporate sales meetings.
- Develops and maintains exceptional relationships with top accounts to create trust, loyalty and lasting business relationships.
- Assist with special projects.
- Familiarity with all digital and social media platforms.
- Demonstrates strong persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates familiarity with budget software and financial management.
- Is capable of creating and maintaining a large client network.
- Demonstrates the ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- Out-going team player
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the Hospitality industry in a similar role. Candidates with experience in the airline industry can also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development, people management, sales management, revenue management, distribution channel management, brand development, product development, digital and social media marketing, loyalty management.
- Experience in supervising and managing a diverse and creative team.
- Demonstrated practically knowledgeable on Central Reservation System (CRS) and Guest Management Solutions (GMS).
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills that would support the growth and profitability of the company.