The Sales and Marketing manager is responsible for the daily sales efforts, overall positioning of the hotel, brand communication and the development of customers for the property including, Rooms, Dining and Events. In addition, he/she is responsible for hotel revenue, yield strategies, implementation, market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal business mix targets. Strategies will include pricing, status, direct sales, market mix, marketing, and public relations. Candidates must have a dynamic leadership style, possessing excellent communication and decision making skills and an astute business acumen.
- Prepares Sales Reports and annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Creates an effective Sales Programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the Hotel, its activities, culinary services, and personnel.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Is responsible for preparation of the marketing, advertising, sales plans, programs and annual budget; manages within approved plans and budgets
- Develop rates, group sales deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all situations.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May participate in Manager on Duty Program