Reports to: General Manager and Director
Manages the sales efforts. Provides day to day leadership to sales account managers in order to achieve sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and revenues. Implements the Hotel’s brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives
- Functions as the leader of the Sales & Marketing department for the hotel with bookings of 86 peak rooms and significant local catering, recreation and conference revenue.
- Evaluates the Hotel’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., National and County Government, Corporates, Travel Agents, Family e.t.c.
- Develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the Hotel.
- Manages the marketing budget to enable development of specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet the Hotel’s objectives.
- Develops and implements the Hotel’s strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer profile provides a return on investment to the hotel
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and increase market share
- Attends sales and marketing strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Initiates innovative marketing ideas and develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share
- Searches for new markets to enhance hotel’s revenue
- Perform other hotel-related duties as required.
- At least 3-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- 4 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising a team.
- Working knowledge of computers