The role is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budge
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Directs product research and development.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Targets and increase company market share in line with company objectives.
- Negotiating and facilitating approval of new business programmes ensuring that all new business projects achieve expected returns
- Identifying, developing, deploying and retaining talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Business-Related Field/ Engineering
- Must have a proven capacity to be effective in a complex business environment within the marketing, sales and business development arena
- Must have local experience and expertise in the Kenyan region within an industrial / B2B market Contractual information
- Related industry working experience 6 years above in similar position
- Sales engineer or engineering experience in related products (Energy& infrastructure) preferred
- Professional qualifications in Project Management would be an added advantage
All applications should be done on or before close of business 15th February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.