UK RoadRunner Ltd is a UK registered company providing a door to door vehicle and spare part importation service from the UK and Japan. We have offices in the UK and in Nairobi Kenya.
This intern position is designed to offer newly qualified students or young person’s looking for office experience in sales and administration at our Nairobi office.
We are looking for an intern that will demonstrate a hunger for success, will display excellent customer service skills, be motivated to achieve targets whilst ensuring the quality of service is not compromised, with a drive, energy and commitment to seek every possible sales opportunity.
The successful candidate will be given an opportunity to learn how to deliver the very best customer service.
This Internship is designed to offer young people an opportunity to bring their knowledge into a professional environment.
This intern will consult with our customers and sales team on vehicle import enquiries. The ideal candidate would possess automotive knowledge along with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to research and understand cars by studying their features and capabilities, as well as comparing competitive models.
- Develop potential buyers by keeping good rapport & building relations with previous & new customers; respond to enquiries; recommend sales campaigns & promotions.
- Qualify potential clients by understanding their interests and requirements; matching requirements and interests to various makes and models, etc.
- Work with sales team to close sales
- Explore and identify new leads and opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Figure out client needs by listening and asking questions.
- Provide suggestions on makes and models that best fit customer’s interest and demand.
- Ensure that clients understand the vehicle’s operating features, paperwork, logbook, inspections etc.
- Understand the car importation process and all requirements by KEBS.
- Establish and maintain a follow-up system, which encourages repeat business and referrals.
- Share weekly progress reports with the Sales Manager.
- Review sales statistics and plan more effectively to improve sales.
- Be a day to day contact for customers dealing with enquiries, problems or complaints.
- Keep abreast of the car importation marketplace, conditions, competition activities and trends.
- General clerical duties.
- Handle all email and phone enquiries, (including courier services) dispatch, receipt.
- Receive and distribute documents and spare parts.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Currently unemployed seeking a position for work experience
- Previous experience working in any sales position preferred
- Possess good dress sense that portrays neat and smart personality.
- PC knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and basic typing skills
- Available to work at least 30 hours a week
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be aggressive in selling and possess a positive attitude.
- Should be excellent at sales and building relationships.
- Results orientated and able to work independently with minimal supervision and within team environment.
- Should be organised and methodical.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve with strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent online research capabilities.
- Must understand Social Media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.