The client is in the process of establishing a distribution network that reaches as many small retailers as possible through efficiently organized supply of both fresh fruits and vegetables (FFVs) and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), providing them with a one-stop-shop for all their business needs.
About the Role
The Sales Capability Manager supports the commercial team in Sales Enablement, Learning & Development through training and other developmental initiatives to ensure that everyone performs optimally and exceeds expectations. They will develop sales learning content in line with our business needs to build key competencies, skills and increase knowledge within the commercial workforce.
- Learning & Development Strategy: With a clear understanding of business needs, design and execute a capability roadmap for the Commercial Organization by introducing capacity development strategies.
- Sales Enablement: Design, Develop and implement effective sales learning and development curriculum including programs beyond training that will build key competencies necessary for business development and growth
- Return on Investment: Define metrics and parameters to track training and learning activities, analyze data and produce reports that clearly show the learning effectiveness and the corresponding return on investment
- Organizational Orientation: Establish a robust on-boarding program for new staff joining the commercial team to ensure smooth transition of new employees.
- Organizational Learning Culture: Establish frameworks, norms and a culture of on-the-job training for frontline staff where learning is manager driven to complement in-class and online learning.
- Performance Leadership: Define the best practices for performance management, staff growth, succession planning, promotions, employee engagement, productivity and performance improvement for the commercial team
- Facilitation and Delivery: Facilitate and deliver, or manage the facilitation and delivery of every in-class session
Does this sound like you?
- Experienced Sales Enablement & Learning professional with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experience in e-commerce, digital marketing, distribution, retail and FMCG organizations preferred
- Bachelors of Commerce Degree or equivalent
- Digitally Savvy with a focus on Data Analysis, Metrics and Insights
- A sales leader who has a proven ability to deliver results and drive transformation
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, self-starter, who is flexible and adaptable to rapid change and has the ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Able to execute fieldwork and regularly audit the regional sales departments to ensure the perfect execution and implementation of post-classroom training in the market
- Passionate about sales enablement, learning and development and understands commercial processes/fundamentals that grow revenue
- A strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Strong consultative and influencing skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across all levels