Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating and planning events
- Coordinate sales team by managing events schedules, filing important documents and communicating relevant information
- Handle the processing of all orders(BEOs with accuracy and timeliness
- Processing of PMs account for events to ensure timely billing, posting and closure of event bills
- Prepare Daily and Weekly events Summary. Ensuring this are updated and mailed daily to relevant departments
- To always hold a meeting with the concerned HODs to streamline any event beforehand
- Book events (Business on Books) accurately on the system for easy retrieval
- Ensure the adequacy of sales-related equipment or materials are available at all times
- Respond to complaints from clients and give after-sales support.
- Store and sort financial and non-financial data in electronic form and present reports
- Inform Sales Account Managers and the General Manager of unforeseen delays, change of meeting rooms or problems in a timely manner
- Monitor the events progress, identify shortcomings and propose improvements
- Assist in the preparation and organizing of promotional material or events
Summary of Experience
- Experience in the same position preferably in a 5 star hotel (2 years preferred)
- Customer service experience in a 5 star hotel environment (2 years preferred)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to resolve guest inquiries and concerns in a timely manner
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, giving them the best experience
- Diploma in sales and Marketing or Business Management. Food and Beverage Service training from a Certified & Recognized Institution is an added advantage.
- K.C.S.E mean grade C plus.
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV. Applicants MUST include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line. Please do not attach copies of certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.